Latrobe as a network city, Low Carbon Futures, An Integrated Vision!
- Produce intelligent innovative short and long-term transition strategies for an adaptive and vibrant regional centre.
- Consider Latrobe city as a network of smaller townships which are individual and unique.
- Develop an integrated vision for social, economic, environmental and infrastructural design outcomes.
- Consider how to transform the region into an innovative hub for low carbon solutions.
- Design strategies for new sustainable and alternative economies for the region.
- Rethink the region as a self sustainable centre that seeks opportunities for increased export.
- Rethink the region’s productive landscape and consider how it can transition into new types of production to benefit the community.
The Regional Landscape, the Local Economy, Through Community Building!
- Be regionally opportunistic through a consideration of its qualities.
- Design opportunities for a diverse range of micro to macro economies.
- Develop strategies to generate an intensive, positive and connected community.
New, Innovative and Alternative Cities of the Near Future, Strengthen Identity!
- Design a transition strategy which produces an innovative city, an integrated city, a low carbon/sustainable city and a community city.
- Design possible futures for growth and adaptation that considers the rehabilitated of mines, associated infrastructures and the townships that are dependent on their futures.
- Consider how the region could be a new iconic regional cultural hub.
- Design opportunities for Latrobe to be considered as an innovative eco and adaptive regional city.
Rehabilitated Mines, Redundant Infrastructures, Multiple Cultural Hubs of a Local Productions
- Develop adaptive solutions for the existing 20th century industrial landscape, for a 21st century innovation.
- Re-work existing mine infrastructures, streetscapes and low income housing.
- Enhance the profile of local productions; cultural, intellectual, agricultural, industrial etc.
- Develop strategies for considering the network of townships as multiple cultural hubs.
- Re-imagine, re-work and re-trofit redundant infrastructures or depressed landscapes.
Celebrate the Past , Intensify Town Centres!
- Consider growth strategies which intensify town centres.
- Revitilise, revamp, the experience of the multiple town centres
- Design opportunities where the regions industrial past can be utilised to build and strengthen its future.
- Design opportunities for existing transportation systems to be considered as an integrated network connecting multiple town centres through diverse modes.
- Design to strengthen existing ecologies and landscapes.